THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, September 7, 2009

Early Mornings

I love being the first person up, it's so quiet and I love the anticipation of what this day will bring forth.  Today is day seven, I have to tell you that the first thing that came to my mind when I realized it was day seven was rest.  I mean if God rested on the seventh day shouldn't I.  I should have started on a Sunday instead of monday.  I am reminded that I started on a Monday so I could have Sunday off.  Memory isn't always a good thing.

I did something yesterday that I don't think I have ever successfully done.  I had a banana split from the Dairy Queen for supper, oh and two onion rings.  Healthy I know. 

Today's question; what is succesful about eating a banana split for supper when you are trying to lose fifty one pounds?

Answer; I have no memory of ever not going home and eating some form of a supper after.  I'd eat the treat, tell myself that was my dinner and then go home and find my supper later, you know how empty calories make the stomach growl.  If you ever want to see someone move quicky hang around me until my stomach growls.  I'm up like Dash from the Incredibles looking for food.  To me a growling stomach means near starvation and that is not good in any country. 

I'm certainly not saying that eating a banana split everyday for supper is a good thing.  But I am saying that every once in a while I am going to have what I want whether it's sensible or not.  The difference since my commitment to lose this fifty one pounds is that I am working very hard to mean what I say and say what I mean in regards to food.  My children have expected that from me for as long as I can remember and I have been a mother of my word.  For that matter I've honestly worked very hard to be a person of my word...period.  The problem has been that when it comes to sticking to a healthier eating lifestyle I'm the nursery rhyme, Liar, liar, pants on fire.  I am so baffled by the character change that happens in me when it comes to food.  In every other aspect of my life I know who I am and what I beleive.  Food plus Jenny seems to equal nut bar and question two for today is why.

I wish I could tell you I already have the answer, I don't.  Yesterday was the first day since starting this journey seven days ago that I felt a pang of doubt.  I had that same sensation that I wanted to fall into the open bag of chips that my niece was eating.  I was looking for food, wandering around our condo like I was on a desert island with a blank look of horror on my face.  I was either afraid I'd succeed or afraid I was going to starve to death.  Not sure which yet but sure of this, I didn't give in.  I had a little nibble of a couple healthy things and then I sat out that feeling of doom until it passed.  Thank God I only had a couple hours until to bed.  I made it and that brings me back to why I love early mornings...it's the start of a brand new day, yesterday is done, it was not a faliure because it was the day God made.  Today is no different; "...this is the day the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it."  No matter what battle lies ahead.

Have a wonderful and blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment